Saturday, 22 July 2017

Rocket up your...!



BENELUX was famous for its hardcore punk scene in the first decade of the 2000's (at least that is when I got into the bands that were in this scene) and last thursday at Devilstone 2017 I witnessed an outstanding performance by a Belgian band of hooligans that totally stole the show and were the highlight of the whole festival for me. I'm pretty sure that they also stole most of the front row women's hearts as the drummer got onto the stage wearing nothing but a transparent raincoat and boots. Classy fucker, he even made me scream "Show us your dick!" during the breaks between the songs, no homo! 

Raketkanon are a bastard son of mother sludge and father European hardcore. They possess gnarly tones, hypnotic riffs, extreme low end, Dillingerian style vocals, strange atmospheres, killer attitude and rhythm control that is far beyond phenomenal. I just can't get enough of these guys and I've been listening to them for nearly a week straight now, so it's not just a phase MOM! They have released two full length records so far - RKTKN#1 and RKTKN#2. I personally prefer the production on the first record but they're both great, give them a spin and judge for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment